4-Ingredient Homemade Dog Treats
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve likely seen a picture of the four-legged man in my life, my sweet pup, Memphis. We had a quiet weekend at home this week, so on Saturday afternoon, I decided to whip up a treat for the little guy.
This was my second time making this recipe, and it really is so simple. I can’t speak to the taste, but I know Memphis goes crazy for them! They’re filled with two of his favorite things – pumpkin & peanut butter – and I love that the ingredients are easy for him to digest.
I use a bone-shaped cookie cutter, similar to this one. This recipe makes a TON of treats, especially if you use a small cookie cutter. I love to share the extras with a friend’s dog, or freeze the dough and make another batch later on.
Memphis was happy to perform a taste test, for the sake of the blog of course. Here he is trying his hardest to "wait" on command. The third picture makes me so sad!
"Please, PLEASE let Mom say "go ahead!" soon..."
Time to dig in! No crumbs left behind.
4-Ingredient Pumpkin & Peanut Butter Homemade Dog Treats
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup 100% Canned Pumpkin Puree (NOT Pumpkin Pie mix, or anything with added ingredients)
1 3/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup Oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients and mix until combined.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of wax paper until ¼” thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out treats, and place them on a large cookie sheet. (I use one similar to this.)
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Let them cool completely before serving to your favorite pup.